Tube Bender

Clayboy

Anyone know much about tube benders? I would like to have one to fab some stuff for my carts = Roll cage or bumpers or whatever. I see some pipe benders at Harbor Freight for under $100 but I know that is not the same as a tube bender. A tube bender starts at $500 at most places so what do I need to look for? Thanks.

The harborfreight ones work great on heavy wall pipe. (sch 40, sch 80, black pipe , whatever u want to call it) Thin wall tubing will just kink if you bend it too far with one of those. (like over 30 degrees) The REAL tubing benders use a mandrell that fits inside the tube to keep it round. Thats my 0.02$
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

Clayboy

I'm getting close. I don't think I can resist anymore. Does anyone know about these?
model3.jpg

It's a JD2 model 3 for $295.00 plus about $250 for a set of dies.

club car man

Advanced Member
I don't know anything about them, but I know a guy that has one. I don't know what kind it is but he loves it and uses it about every day.

spriddle

Post Decoder
Awesome Clay. I would like to have one of thoughs myself. Roady will be able to give you some more good info. on these.

Clayboy

The main reason I want one is to build a roll cage. All of the nice cages I have seen are out west. I could pay for one of these with shipping cost. If I can get to where I can build a nice cage, I know I would be very buisy around here building some for friends.

wheelchairman

ProHauler!
jd2 is simply kickass thats what we use. chris hasty has one and its awesome.

highly recommended and all of jeepforum will agree with me

Clayboy

I have surched the world over and this is the one that everyone recommends. I plan on getting one in the next month or so, so I can play with it all winter.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Is this tube bender for real? I always thought they were real expensive. I was intereseted in the tube shark but it is way to expensive. Do you think this would work good for roll cages, A-arm front ends etc?
Whys it so cheap when all the others are very exopensive? In fact this is the cheapest one I have seen and it looks decent.
http://www.medfordtools.com/mb3.html

wheelchairman

ProHauler!
problem with that is you will kink the tube really bad. not only will it look like "chit" but that bend will hurt its strength if it really needs to be used. If you go puttin snowmobile engines or big blocks reachin 35+mph easily you really dont want weak tube