Trouble Finding G9 Light Kit

MDG9

Hello All... new member, and new cart owner.

I just purchased a 1993 Yamaha G9 Gas Golf Cart. The cart was owned by an elderly couple who used it to get around their property. The cart has been fitted with a rear seat, but it was never fitted with a light kit or any other accessories. I have been searching for a few weeks now for an LED light kit, or any complete kit at all but having trouble finding anything.

I am curious what you did for your lights... Are there any other cart light kit applications that are able to retrofit to this cart make/model, of if there are any wire harness kits that would allow me to choose which lights I use (for example, a LED bar for the front, and 2-4" round LEDs for taillights).

TIA ... also as a note, I am mechanically inclined, and I have fab experience so suggestions which will require a little bit extra work are OK.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Everything Carts has the cut in light kits in stock for a Yamaha G9 if you want the factory look but their not LED. If you want LED lights there's universal light kits that will work on any golf cart. Here's a link to the light kit at Everything Carts. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:
Yamaha G2/G9 Headlight kit - Everything Carts

After taking another look I see they are out of stock so you may have to give them a call to see when/if they will be getting more.

MDG9

Everything Carts has the cut in light kits in stock for a Yamaha G9 if you want the factory look but their not LED. If you want LED lights there's universal light kits that will work on any golf cart. Here's a link to the light kit at Everything Carts. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:
Yamaha G2/G9 Headlight kit - Everything Carts

After taking another look I see they are out of stock so you may have to give them a call to see when/if they will be getting more.
HotRodCarts - that is the issue I have been running into, sites will have them listed and they are out of stock.

Can you give me a link to the universal kits you mentioned? I am not worried about a factory look.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Any of the forum sponsors should have a universal light kit. You can also buy universal LED lights at places like Wal-Mart.

MDG9

Thanks HotRodCarts... I will probably just build my own light kit so I can use an LED light bar for the front, and something fun for the tail lights in the rear.

Do you know if there is a brake light switch available somewhere? This way I can wire the tails to be running lights when lights are on, and then when the brake pedal is pressed they get brighter as taillights.

Thanks again for all your help!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's an old Chevy truck brake light switch I've used before and so have other members. I forget the year but if you do some searching here you should be able to find some threads where the switch and part number are posted. I'd look for you but I'm super busy right now. If you can't find it let me know and I'll look later or tomorrow.