transaxle broken?

buddybill

My workhorse will not move it shifts between forward and reverse the axles turn with no wheels on them but I can stop them with my hands what is broken inside the rear ? I would rather buy a used rear trans axle than try and repair if it is too extensive and expensive... advise please

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i would check the splines on the brake drums, fairly common on the ez go's. put the wheels on and see if the axle nut spins.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
thumbup.gif
checkered_flag.gif

buddybill

Hey nubs , when I jacked up the cart I noticed the left rear wheel seemed lose so i removed the wheel and drum and sure enough the drum splines where gone , checked the other side and it seemed fine so I put the good drum on the left side and tried it the drum turned when i started the engine but I still was able to hold it with my hand . something still not right... Thanks for your help as always ...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The cart has a open rear end so it's normal to be able to stop the tire when the cart is jacked up. When you stop one side the other side will spin. You need a good hub on both sides for the cart to move.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I'll take it, call the shop and we'll hammer out the deal! i'll be here all weekend
tip.gif

920-528-8413