Towing Golf Cart With a Trailer

thiggy

I will be towing my Club Car golf cart with a single-axle utility trailer. How should I balance the weight? I guess the main question is how much weight should I have on my tongue? My tow vehicle is a F-150 with a receiver hitch. thanks

dougmcp

How big is your trailer?
Most people load on the trailer facing forward.
Be careful with the windshield.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's going to depend on the axle location on the trailer. Is this a gas or electric cart. On my trailer I always tow them facing forward and have enough tongue weight.

VET Golfer

I was told if its a gas engine better to reverse the cart on, as the weight of the engine, which is the heavier part of the cart, will now be in front of the trailer wheels. But for short distance as has been said previous careful of wind screen but for electric it doesn't matter as the combined weight of the battery's is basically in the centre of the cart

slim67

Ive pulled mine with a minivan many times I just drive it up and strap it down. I dont think there is enough of a difference which way you put it on. The f150 wont break a sweat.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Ive pulled mine with a minivan many times I just drive it up and strap it down. I dont think there is enough of a difference which way you put it on. The f150 wont break a sweat.
I've owned them all. I personally think the gmc's have more creature comforts. I got a 19 at4 with the 6.2 in half ton. 10 speed trans. The thing is ridiculous as for power and more cameras than I have on the house :rotflmao:

dirtysouth

The wife's escalade has that emergency stop crap on it. If ya don't turn off the camera thingy and you back a trailer up it'll throw ya in the backseat lol

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
My wife's Denali has cruise control that is irritating because it will allow you to set the MPH but if you get within a couple hundred feet of the car you approached it slows down and stocks the car in front of you meaning staying the same lower speed it is traveling, but as soon as you realize you are at reduced speed and swing out in the hammer lane it accelerates back up to setting you had set. Anyone know how to get around this?

dirtysouth

My wife's Denali has cruise control that is irritating because it will allow you to set the MPH but if you get within a couple hundred feet of the car you approached it slows down and stocks the car in front of you meaning staying the same lower speed it is traveling, but as soon as you realize you are at reduced speed and swing out in the hammer lane it accelerates back up to setting you had set. Anyone know how to get around this?
If you press and hold cruise, it'll go to regular cruise control. The wife's laid was set on that crap and you all but fall asleep behind some putz running 48mph

Adaptive cruise is what it's called