Torque Question

ggarza1

I have a G16 36v with brand new batteries that are all load tested with no problems. It has stock motor, stock controller, 6" Jake's A-Arm lift kit, 23x11x10 tires, and flip flop back seat. I upgraded the cabling from #6 gauge to #4 gauge. Prior to the new batteries, and upgraded cabling, there was a hill on my lease that I could not climb with 2 people on it. After the new batteries, and cabling it can climb it, but it really struggles with it. I am looking for more torque on my cart, and I know I can get that with an upgraded controller, and motor. But, I was wondering how much of difference would it make in torque, if I downgraded the tires to 20x10x10? Trying to figure out if it would be worth changing tires to get the torque I am looking for, or just to wait and upgrade the controller and motor.

dougmcp

Upgrade the controller to something 400 amps and up and you should be OK.
If you really want more jam, when you change your controller, convert to 48v and pick up 30% more speed and torque.

dougmcp

No but IMO anything over 500a is overkill unless you upsize the motor to be able to utilize the power (amperage) supplied.