Torque Converter?

noseoil

I'm doing a build with the HF 670 v-twin used for the motor. I keep seeing how a "standard" 40 series TC will shred belts on the primary side with HP above 16, so I'm wondering how to move the weight, get decent acceleration & be durable enough to last a while (a "while" can vary a bit). What's the best setup for 22hp, a TC or a clutch & jackshaft? Thanks in advance for answers. Gotta get my feet wet sooner or later, but not wanting to reinvent the wheel to make things work670.jpg...

whiteGIANT510

It incredibly annoying when people call them torque converters it Is a cvt. And you can use one but don't use that ebay china thing that is the source of the wrong name. A real comet cvt and a gates belt will work fine you can make your own with quality parts

noseoil

"It incredibly annoying when people call them torque converters it Is a cvt." My choice of words was repeated from Comet's advertising, the manufacturer of the device, so perhaps you might take your correction to Comet for their internet copy & see what they say about it.

It seems the problem is the belt, the weak link, so a "better belt" might help resolve the issue, if they exist & are available online somewhere. Does anyone know where to find a better belt for a 40 series torque converter.

Here's a link to that "thingy" I mentioned. It's a cheap one, not a good one.

whiteGIANT510

Gates green stripe belt whatever the length is for the cvt you buy. And I have had words with comet and omb. I'm pretty sure the 670 predator has a 1" shaft so the link you posted is not the right one.

noseoil

Yep, it's a 1" bore. Thinking I should just go with the 94c clutch, 1 3/16" belt & a 9.9" driven at this point. In for a dime...

"And I have had words with comet and omb." Never start a sentence with a conjunction. It's like saying torque converter for a cvt, just not civilized!

noseoil

Does anyone have specs for the distance between the 94c driver & the 90d driven? I'm going to run the 1" 94c clutch with the 3/4" 90d driven, which should hold up to the torque, but I can't find the distance between them & the correct belt length that will go between them.

I know I need to fab the jackshaft assembly to hold the correct alignment on the driven pulley, but I'm not having any luck finding this dimension. Called Comet, but they sent spec sheets about the individual parts, but not the distance between them.