Tornado Salvaged EZGO TXT Project

kjames

Ok last weekend I ran across a tornado salvaged 03 EZGO TXT project. A car dealership had it and well he got insurance and looking from his lot this was one he was not concerned with the golf cart has little damage but the front axle is bent (not a concern though) he said it has not ran since the storm try to mess with it but no luck. So I gave him 400 bucks and drug it home. Batteries were dead but all were full of water 5 were around 1.2 to 1.8 one was 5.2 so got them charged up with ease but not quite to a full 6 more like a average of 5.8 did not have time to play with any more but did turn the key and it tried to reverse! The back pass. tire is off the bead so I cannot wait to get home this weekend and try to wrap my head around it some more. I should have enough volts now to hook up the powerwise.

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun and learning. Keep us updated on what voltage you can get the batteries up to after a few cycles.

kjames

I will get some pics up. Cart runs great just not on those batteries. I have 3 huge 12v that I threw in and it runs like a top. The old 6v from nov 08 batt. Try reviveing them with that salt water solution or C: Just save up for new batteries?

kjames

wow sorry half of my post was missing the old batteries reang from 1.8 to 2.4 with one holding at 5.8 should I a: try recharging them again b: buy new and trash them or c:try reviving them with that salt water solution

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Make sure the plates are covered, if not fill them with distilled until they are just covered. You can try to charge them separately and see if they will take a charge. You won't know unless you try. I wouldn't bother with trying salt water. :twocents:

kjames

the plates are covered and I did charge them all individualy but they didnt hold a charge unused for 4 days I will try again before I trash them

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
To get your pics to show using photobucket just copy the link below your pic(s) that has the img - /img tag and paste that directly into your post.

kjames

I have a buddy that is giving me a new body its primed ready to be painted
My two little girls had already shot off their parachutes and tied them on. I didnt have it fixed 5 min and them two where gone hardly even talked them off to shoot fireworks.

kjames

hey hot rod I do need that front end and also if anyone has a steering arm.... well my daughter just wrecked it into my wifes car and with the already stressed front end the steering arm broke off of the front end. I will check the classifieds but heck of deal the girls have been tearing the yard up with it and loving it :rotflmao: and now I think they are more mad its broke down than I am

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd take $35 + shipping for the front axle and both spindles. These were pulled from a 2006 cart in 2006 that only has a couple months of use.