Tire Balance Beads

Patrick L

Cartaholic
OK thanks. I've always been able to get things in balance. These new cart tires [ with wheels] shake your dentures loose. Looks like I'll be buying some.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Let us know how they work out. I know a lot of the golf cart tires are out of round or have flat spots so it may be more than a balancing issue.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
That would be my question also, some tires are somewhat egg shaped right out of the mold and will seldom never run smooth:twocents:

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Well, that figures. Should have sent the #@%i ! things back right after I received them. So I guess I wouldn't recommend anyone buying HD wheel/Slasher tire combo.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
3-4 # !. I've been cutting back on the pressure, but, I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll try anything, so I'll see what happens. Actually it seems to be getting worse the more air I let out [softer ride though].

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
ATV tires run between 2 and 7 lbs, if it gets worse then i would say the tires came out of the mold to soon.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
I'll play around and see what happens. I too was wondering about the low speed with balance beads. If I can't get this fixed I'll ask what tires are known to be good. I never gave bad new tires a thought.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
After 10 hr's or so you may be able to raise the pressure to firm up the side roll.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
I've dropped the tire pressure and the problem is getting 'more better'.[ maybe I'm getting used to being in a vibrator]. In 50 yrs of fixing stuff, I never realized some tires need to be 'broken in'.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
It might be worth a try. I called when I first bought them, I took the cart down the road when first done with it , called and they were willing to do something. The cart then sat in the corner for 3-4 months until I brought it down south so I figured I had timed myself out.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd call and tell them after 4 months the tires are still either out of round or have flat spots and cause the golf cart to vibrate / bounce. :twocents:

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Well, maybe a bit of an update. I bumped the pressure up to 30# and it seems to be OK now. Maybe the tires did need a 'break-in' period. :D

The speed has picked up a bit also.