Tie rod's

Highrider

I have a 92 club car that is lifted,don't know be who or what kind of lift,question is do they generally use the stock outer tie rods?I've got one on the right side that is really whopped out.Also the drive belt is worn and the only number I see is 1349,common number?
Thank's
Tim,I'll post pic's when the camera get's charged.
biggthumpup.gif

Highrider

Forgot to ask,The sheath on the drive clutch seem's to be machined at the inner part.Would assume for low speed driving?

wass1967

Yes, it is common for lifts to use stock tie rods. Keeps the price down. Belt number is correct for it but is not a common number. You just can't match it up at the local auto parts store. You have to order from a golf cart place. (tried myself)You could try a snow mobile place. Never tried it. If your clutch is truely machined as you say, it is for speed. But it would not do any good with out the governor and limiter removed. Your governor speed is based on the transmision speed. If machined low (which I have too) it allows the clutch to close closer together and the belt to go higher in the clutch. More speed at less rpms. I got both my clutches machined with a power spring in the drive only and I am doing over 30mph @ 5200rpms and I am not lifted. Stock size tires!

Highrider

Thank's man,are the tie rod's easily bought or will it be a hassle also?Can drive but kinda squirlly at speed.....Where do I find the stock tie rod's cheap and fast?
Thank's again!

wass1967

If it is squirrily at speeds, you may just need an alignment. You really can't go by the book on this since the bigger tires. I would have the tires tilted in at least a 1/4-3/8" ON BOTH SIDES so as you are looking at the front of the cart, it should look like this \ / And adjust the tie rod so you have at least 3/8-1/2" when standing in front looking straight down at the tires it would look like this \ / When the tires point together like that, it keeps it going straight down the road even if you hit hard bumps. The only time I ever noticed any squirrillyness is when I had people on the rear seat. It took weight off the front. Trust me on this on. Oh, It won't cause any premature tire wear either. Well, none that I noticed in the 3 years I had the one cart. and one summer I put 1700 miles on it and the tires still looked new.