Thinking About Buying Two More EZGO Electric Golf Carts

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I just looked at two more EZGO electric golf carts that have been used at a local car dealership and thinking about buying them. One is a 96 and has the tow/run switch the other is an 87, I think. I think that both are TXT's. Too dark in the room to see how old the batteries are, but neither come with a charger. The older one has a small plastic plug for the charger, which has melted. Both have good rubber and back seats. They have seen some abuse.
They are going up for auction, but I think that a person could buy them outright now. I'm thinking $600 for the two of them. I have a 36V and 48V charger, but I would have to swipe the 36 from my Westinghouse cart.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I gotta go look at those carts again tomorrow and I will bring a flash light and a piece of paper. And a camera. :)

Are battery dates stamped on the negative post of all batteries?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've only seen that on Trojans. Some other battery manufactures have numbers on the posts but I'm not sure how you "decode" them. Some batteries have a code branded into the top or side of the batteries to determine the date. Others have a round sticker somewhere on the battery with month and year.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
These are plastic bodied Ezgo's. One cart, the one with the run/tow switch has new batteries, the other cart does not hold a charge. Both have rear seats and both have tops. The long tops. Told them I would give them $1,000 for the two of them right now. Haven't heard back, may have to wait for the auction on Sat. morning. Would like to get both, would like to get one cheap enough to put the hot, 18 horse motor in it.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I have a hunch I will be baching it this Winter. My friend can not even remember that she stayed with me for 7 months last Winter.

I will be taking my little G1 with me this winter.

JRay

Cartaholic
Thats bad she is having problems. Might be a long hot winter. I hope she recovers .

JRay

Cartaholic
I really want to mention his talkative friend from down there, but i don't want to piss him off this early. :rotflmao:

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Well, there turned out to be 3 carts auctioned off today. They were all TXTs and two of them went for $750 apiece and the third went for $650. The 650 cart had bad batteries. The other two had fairly new batteries. All the carts had issues. Then had been used by lot boys and showed a lot of damage. Each one had issues with the plastic bodies and one had been hit so hard in the front that one tire was bald on the inside tread from being so far out of line. Not one of the carts had a charger. I went to 600 on the carts with good batteries but could not bring myself to go higher. I know that 600 is just 200 over the cost of the batteries, but I just did not want to go higher. I would rather pay more for a cart in good shape with no batteries than buy one of these carts.

JRay

Cartaholic
You made a good decision, fixing a beat up cart, body repair or replacement cost too much. And no charger, 200 dollar cart is all i would pay.