Thinking About a Lift Kit On My New Club Car Precedent

I just bought this new 2007 Club Car Precedent and I'm trying to figure out what modifications to do. I'm thinking about a lift kit, stereo, performance mods.

image396.jpg

Congrats on the new Club Car Precedent golf cart. :thumbsup: I'm assuming it's gas by the gas can sitting next to it, so you can do a few governor adjustments. Put a zip tie around the spring that links the accelerator cable to the governor arm on the transaxle and unhook the ground strap off the RPM limiter on the front of the engine. I'd wait about a month or after one tank of gas to do it though. Allow it to break in easily. But then give it hell! If it has the FE350 (2006+ gassers do), then it will be a pretty stout and peppy machine.

One other thing...

After the first tank of gas and >>>BEFORE<<< you zip tie and such, change the oil and oil filter. I use synthetic in my carts, but that's just me. In air cooled engines, I think it's a must. Castrol SYNTEC is my oil of choice, but I've heard good about Mobil1 too.

matt75

I want a NEW Club Car Precedent. The company I work for is owned by IR which also owns Club Car so when the day comes that I can afford one at least Ill get an employee discount.

thanks guys!! yeah it isnt brand new. it has 230ish hours on it. i got what i like to think of as a hell of a deal- $4100.00. they used it to run cars at the chevrolet dealer. some one has been messing with the govener. and when you hold it floored it backfires and dies at about 19 mph. so i hear i just unbolt the 10mm nut off the front to stop that. but have been advised to run a tach if i do that.

i will post more pics soon

I would like to buy some of the stock factory Club Car Precedent lights, that are on the bumper but haven't had any luck locating any. I checked ebay and Buggies Unlimited with no luck.

Imagae002.jpg

The backfiring is from the limiter cutting spark at 3900 RPMs and you holding the pedal down while it's dying back to it's limited speed. Unhook the limiter and use good judgement. If you have engine ears, you won't need a tach...if you don't, get one and keep it under 4400 RPMs. You can wind it out to 5000 at times if you want to, but don't hold it there for too long.

got around to taking the limiter off today . its nice not backfire and die. my next quest is maybe machining clutches, stereo and a tach. sorry for the pics they are camera phone shots. any good ideas on some kind of built in cooler? i would love to see some stereo shots. im thinking about 2 amps 1 highpass 1 sub amp.
you guys rock!

Having the clutches machined by Cart Parts Plus will make you grin from ear to ear. You'll have loads of torque down low and lots of speed up high!

So Cart Parts Plus is the best place for clutch work? To lift or not to lift... hmmm I just don't know. Any lift kits that don't make it ride really ruff?

Do the bigger tires and wheels make the ride rough? I really want to see some custom stereos on these golf carts. Anyone know where I can buy stock Club Car Precedent lights? The Club Car dealer wants $500 for a light kit.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
A lift and larger tires usually make the carts ride smoother than the stock suspension. I've never driven a Precedent but I've heard they ride very nice stock.

As far as the stock lights go it may be hard to find them anywhere other than a Club Car dealer. I'd give Buggies Unlimited a call and see what they can get for you.

I've heard nothing but good things about the clutch work Tom at Cart Parts Plus does. You could call him and ask about the light kit also.