"The" Mud Buggie

Andy4639

Here it is again. This is how it looked the day I went and got it.

The tear down of it.

This is the front axle I had built for it.

The heart of the Mud Buggie.

I rebuilt everything are bought new stuff for it. Here is the F/R switch with the Bus Bar upgrades installed.

the picture was before I replaced the Pot Box I have a brand new one.

The 48 volt activation solenoid. 72 volts run through the bigger terminals.

I installed a cut off switch to kill the system if something happens.

Took the stock shocks off the back and replaced the rearsprings with new ones.

These are the back 3 batteries.

These are the three batteries under the seat. I use a 36 volt charger on both set's of three to charge them.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Andy, Great job on the post and "The" Mud Buggie. I would say that cart went through a major conversion. If you don't mind me asking, what controller/motor combo are you running in it?

Andy4639

I have a D&D motor custome built for my application 72 volts.
I'm using a 450 amp Altrax controller which is adjustable. 48 volts to 72.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I know from looking at other pics of The Mud Buggie that torque is no problem at all for it. :) What kind of top speed are you getting with that setup?

Andy4639

Top speed is 22MPH shot by my son with my radar gun at the beach. This was a very level road running along the beach.
This was before I added the taller 20" tires so it should do a little better now.
My 04 was at 22 MPH and Hipshots Ezgo was at 19 MPH, same road and day.
:thumbsup:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I was looking forward to seeing The Mud Buggie at the Bonanza last year but couldn't make it. Hopefully there's some kind of event this year that we all can go to. I'd really like to see it in action.
Thanks for posting the info on it and keep us updated if you do any other upgrades/mod's.