Textron Total charge???

FLMike

I have a '90 EZ-GO and the batteries haven't been charged in quite a while. The batteries are two years old and have been used very little. I tested the charger and it works fine on another cart...

I have been told you can remove a wire inside the charger to by-pass the voltage sensing feature and allow the charger to charge batteries even when they are as depleted as mine...

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or instructions for how this is done?

Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum!!

I'm not sure on the Total Charge charger how it's done. You can use a 12 volt charger and charge the batteries in pairs until you get 28 volts total to kick the charger on. Or you can use another 36 volt cart and jump the dead cart and the charger will turn on.
I'll do a little digging and see if I can find out how to bypass the low voltage circuit in the Total Charge.

FLMike

I found my answer, and thank you for repying and offering your help.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK!!

Open up the charger and look for the relay. The relay is on the side of the pc board. There are 2 wires connected to the relay. One Black wire and a yellow wire. With the charger unplugged from the house outlet connect the 2 wires together. Now plug in the charger to the cart and then plug into the house and your set. The charger should be humming. If your not watching the charger it will boil your batteries dry so keep a close eye on it. About 10-12 hours they should be charged.

It's recommended to get enough charge on the bateries for the charger to work properly, then go into charger and rewire correctly..