Test Solenoid and Controller On a Yamaha G16E Golf Cart

Otter

My buddys Yamaha G16E stopped dead in its tracks. How do I test the soleniod and the controller on this golf cart? Thanks in advance for the help.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
99% of the time when a electric golf cart stops suddenly it's a bad connection on a cable.

You can jump the two large posts on the solenoid. It's best to use a set of jumper cables and connect to the solenoid first then connect the jumpers away from the solenoid, there will be sparks. Jack the rear tires off the ground first.

Otter

Does anyone on here know where I can get the 2 diodes that are in the wiring harness for this Yamaha G16? I figured I'd go ahead and replace those too.

Otter

I need a wiring diagram to wire an Alltrax AXE 4844 to the wiring that goes to the throttle and other wires that the stock controller is wired to. The wires that come out of the stock controller connect to the Key switch, back switch, limit switch, buzzer, and the accelerator stop switch.

Thanks

Otter

Thanks HRC!

I have been in contact with Chuck at Alltrax. First, let me say that the customer support is second to none.

I got the AXE 4844 installed, new 4 ga wiring, new White Rodgers 586-907 contactor. The only thing I haven't upgraded is the FnR switch. This is a series cart. The FnR looks like its a sealed unit. Does anyone know where I can get a HD FnR for this cart?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Really the only thing you need to make the stock forward and reverse switch HD is put HD buss bars in it.

While you have the switch apart you could replace all 8 contact studs.

Otter

Thanks HRC, Those links appear to be to upgrade an ezgo switch. I need to upgrade the F n R in a 2001 Yamaha G16E. It looks like it doesn't come apart.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sorry about that. I'm not sure why I thought we were talking about a EZGO. :oops:

Does the F&R switch get hot after using the cart? If not I wouldn't worry about it. I've never seen a HD switch for a Yamaha...

Otter

The Alltrax 4844 will shut down after the F&R gets hot. I think I will just put an EZGO F&R in it then upgrade it with an upgrade kit from BU.