Terminal issue.

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
On my grandfathers Yamaha G-22 the main postive battery post keeps gunkin up, turning green and all that junk. I have clean everything up along with the battery posts getting all shinny again then putting a battery protector on it. But about 1 week later its back again. What the heck is causing this?? My cart has never had this issue before.

spriddle

Post Decoder
Run down to Wal-mart and get a can of battery post cleaner. It's back in the automotive section with the batterys. It foams up yellow and works great: will actually coat the terminal also. If this doesn't seem to cure your problem, then I would say you might have a cracked area around the terminal allowing battery acid to seep up: not sure.

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
I been wondering if their is a crack or something around the termianl and it keeps getting coated with acid. I have been cleaning it off with a mixture I keep in a spray bottle that has Baking soda and water that will just spray on. I might have to get some of that stuff you mentioned that comes in a can.

spriddle

Post Decoder
It's worth a try. I use it on all my carts/mowers/etc... Seems to work good. But there is just so much you can to something damaged. You might want to drop Andy a pm on Bu's if it ends up being cracked/damaged: he is really good with batteries.
wink.gif

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
I cleaned it up real good today before I left work and I figure he is gonna drive it around so I'll inspect it tomorrow and see if their is any sign of corrosion.