Teebirdie Golf Cart Trans Axle Troubleshooting

ldj1002

I just bought this cart and PO said it leaked hydraulic fluid and he hadn't run it in several years. I got the engine running and was going to try it out. Only had a little bit of fluid so I filled it up and it won't move the cart. The transaxle is a Duramatic model 20 E

ldj1002

Vintage Golf Cart Parts doesn't have any info or parts for this cart. You have any other ideas, even transplant another transaxle that will connect to the Kohler engine?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's not going to be any rear end that will be a direct bolt in that I know of on a Teebirdie golf cart without doing mods. Have you tried manually shifting the golf cart in to gear on the rear end where the shift linkage is attached?

ldj1002

No, but it is engaging because I can feel the cart barely move back and forth when shifting from forward to reverse. I put a screw driver in to hold the clutch and when speed up it doesn't load engine up at all. That makes me think the problem may be in the centrifugal clutch. Think I'll pull engine. Don't know why because I can't get parts it is unlikely I can fix it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You can always post a want ad in the Wanted section of the forum. There's a lot of members here that have old golf cart parts laying around or may know where you can find Teebirdie parts.

Zman

Cartaholic
Seen me one just last week , for sale sign on front end , $2500.00 , don't know what drive train. Looks pretty rough shape.

MSweere

Vintage Golf Cart Parts doesn't have any info or parts for this cart. You have any other ideas, even transplant another transaxle that will connect to the Kohler engine?
Hi, hoping you might have some info for me. My cart is a Badger Canadian. Runs the same Koehler/ Duramatic combination as the Tee Birdie. Wanted to know if you have a picture or info on how the centrifical clutch is coupled to the torque converter. I have a box of parts but I think I’m missing something and can’t find a breakdown of how it all goes together. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

MSweere

I was never able to get any information. I ended up having a drum machined for the centrifugal clutch. That drives the torque converter with some pins coupled to the stator plate. Not sure how’s it’s suppose to be, but this way works.

MSweere

I really can’t say what was original and what wasn’t. On this one. It came in a few boxes.

I never split the cases on the transaxle. Just had to deal with the converter.

MSweere

Mine has the fill hole in the outer case. Easy enough to pull the plug and rotate it to let the oil drain. I used hyd. oil to refill mine. Seems to work fine.

MSweere

Yes, that’s the piece I have. I built the drum for that. Not sure how it originally was connected to the torque converter so I had to guess.