Tee Bird Help?

Aviator

Hi guys. I have been given an older (I am guessing late 60's maybe) Taylor Dunn Tee Bird. It is 36 volt with 6 batteries. I need to get new batteries of course, and it does turn. I also have the charger for it as well. I has some body damage to it on the diamond plate near the lower sides of the cart. It also has the original glass ashtray which I think is pretty cool. My question is, if I tried to restore this thing, would there be any value to it? Is there any now? Any source for parts should I need them? I guess I am looking for any info about the TeeBird. Thanks for any help.

Zman

Cartaholic
I guess it is worth what you think it might cost to restore and can find someone who really wants a relic. My guess it will cost more to restore than you can sell it for. Is it a cool cart to own? Does it turn your crank to work on it? Do you have a son that a father can bond with fixing it up? What uses does it have? Value is what you place on something . I personally like to up date old relics and make them useful again. I do not make money at it , but it makes me feel useful, and i am an old relic myself.
wheelchair.gif

mike's Tee Bird

the picture of the web page tee bird it looks like a 1971 and It is the first picture of the one I have? What model is it and did they make any more in years later? I am restoring it to keep and use on the golf coarse. It is yellow and white the diamond plate model. I need a few items does anyone know of where I could buy these pastor does anyone have these parts for sale? rubber gas pedal, rubber break pedal, front seat, roof ,windshield, cover,tires,straps to hold golf bags, club and ball cleaner (plastic box),Ball holder, grab handles on roof.

mike's Tee Bird

Okay great thanks .I have called them and they do have most of the parts I am looking for. I was hoping I could find someone that had some parts that were trying to sell. The tires are going to be my major expense. I was hoping I could find someone that has good prices for tires.
I did locate a serial number the previous painted over it .
The model is 338 so it is a 1968. I think that was the only year they made the Diamond Plate model.

mike's Tee Bird

Aviator guy Tell me more about your golf cart. I might be interested in it for parts. I am just starting to restore mine.
I don't know if it even runs yet. Where are you located? What year is it? What model is it? Do you have any pictures? What does it need? etc.

mike's Tee Bird

I have a Tee Bird by Taylor Dunn model 448 I think it is a 1971 or 1967 model I am trying to find out what are the dimensions of the roof. I will have to fabricate one from scratch. Does anyone know what the dimensions of the roof and the dimensions of the metal bars and tubing?

mike's Tee Bird

Sorry it is a GT model 338 Tee Bird Taylor Dunn. I think it is a 1967 or 68.The diamond plate model with a bar for a steering wheel.
I need a roof. dies anyone know where I could buy one?

Jonnymorro

Welcome to the world of Taylor Dunn mystery shopping. You never know which part you're not going to be able to find. Mine
has an EZ-GO directional selector and mechanical speed control put on there by the former owner. He did it because those are
the parts that are locally available. My roof is a custom build from 3/8" plywood that I formed over the stock 4 passenger roof frame. Not sure
if you even have a frame. If you do, then I'd look at adapting a newer universal fit roof to it. If not, get the jigsaw out.

whiteGIANT510

I had a tee bird I got for free and was almost completely aftermarket the only original part of the driveline was the Ford 9inch

mike's Tee Bird

Well I looked up the serial number and found out it is a Taylor Dunn Tee Bird model GT 338 1969. I had to fabricate the frame of the roof out of 3/4 inch metal conduit and brace it with 3/16 by 1" metal flat bar. I bought a plastic roof from Woodys in Idaho. I bought my gas and brake pedals from vintage golf parts and Ebay. Now trying to get Batterys. My Atv / utv club is trying to get a discount with sterling batterys in garden city but it appears it will only be 10% and the batterys are 240.00 each. I need to get 5 or 6 , 6 volt batterys from interstate battery's in meridian Idaho for 160.00 for 225 amp hours with my 20% off for a military discount, so that is by far is my best option. Also I found a clear plastic PVC windshield from vintage golf parts I order it should be here in next couple of days. Sorry I cannot down load pictures off of my Iphone to this computer.

whiteGIANT510

Walmart marine deep cycle 12v 100ah are $88 each 6 of those will give you 36v 200ah and the have 1 year no questions asked warranty.
I just brought my rv house battery in for the 3rd time since November I didn't realize my 2 of my solar panels came unplugged and I was only getting 100w to the controller.
Oh and it's walmart I'm pretty sure they do military discount