Tapered shaft adapter.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Depends on the clutch. Team makes tapered clutches more than keyed shaft. I was the one that got team to make a 1 inch keyed clutch when commit went under and the 780 was no longer..Then Tom at Dixie sales started carrying them.Nubs knows the tapers better than me.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I'm wanting/needing a better clutch that grabs and goes when I give it throttle, not act like a big rubber band.
Yeah I know it's a centrifugal clutch on a "golf cart" but dang it.
A spring will only hold it open for a few more rpm and that's not good for slow trail rides.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I'm wanting/needing a better clutch that grabs and goes when I give it throttle, not act like a big rubber band.
Yeah I know it's a centrifugal clutch on a "golf cart" but dang it.
A spring will only hold it open for a few more rpm and that's not good for slow trail rides.

That's a team on it now yes? They can get you parts to tune the one Ya got.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
That adapter is for a generator tapered PTO and will not work on a M30 tapered crank. All the clutching in the world won't make a 13hp pull like a 20:twocents:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
No replacement for displacement :rotflmao: there's not a performance drive clutch out there that is going to have a pulley for a belt driven starter.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
What I was meaning, it has all the power needed, just feels soft.
I used to build and work on drag bike lockup clutches, had mine soft on take off so it would slip a bit and you could snap the lever out, after 20 feet it would start to lockup .
Carts are similar in design, just be nice if they was as easy and adjustable as the bikes.25391247057429.jpeg

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
As ya know all CVT drive clutches are 100% tuneable, they been doin' it on ATV's and snow machines forever. there all the same concept, weights and springs. GBoost has weights and dozens of spring rates for crazy money or do it yourself

:twocents:

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Just wasn't sure the stock one was worth digging into..
At least it's not in an oil bath like a bike, had to mod the stock covers to get to them easy, but that was back when I had a shop and cool tools to work wid.cache_4083919194.jpg

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
And I was thinking of the 1" straight shaft adapter so I could go with the aftermarket clutch.. and they don't have a pully, that's why I looked at that one.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
With a little machine work you can add a pulley to back of a Polaris clutch, or adapt the head of polaris clutch to the ezgo back. did it years ago with the 88 to 07 clutch but not sure if ya could on the one your workin' with.

s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
EZGO

rustysclutch4.jpg

rustysclutch3.jpg