Taking Delivery of the Star Car tomorrow!

efusco

And the Income tax refund came in just in time! I'm driving by the dealership about 8am to pay the balance and then to my lake house to await delivery around 10am tomorrow.

I'll, of course, take a bunch of photos of my new EV and will hopefully be able to drive it around a little bit before putting it on the charger. Just in time for a 'girls weekend' my wife is hosting later this week.

I'll post the photos at my Star Cars forum as soon as I have a chance.

efusco

Whoo Hooo!! It's arrived and it's sweet!
biggthumpup.gif

471502836_86edb60e0e.jpg

efusco

Thanks! So far I like it a lot. It's plenty large...should be able to get 2 small families on there with smaller kids in laps. It seems to go pretty fast. No speedometer of course so I'll have to get someone to pace it or get a GPS to find the top speed.

It pulled the steepish gravel roads that I'll be driving on with no problem at all. Build quality seems good, comes stock with Trojan batteries. Handling is about what I expected with the suspension a bit better as it handled a quick trial on a rough tall grass stretch with no problem at all.

efusco

Thanks for pointing that out. Not something I took any notice of until you mentioned it, but you're right, usually it's just a full 'box' there with no footroom. Cool.

efusco

We're really enjoying it. I think we're still in the break-in for the battery, but it's doing very well despite my efforts to test it's off-road capabilities!

Only annoyances are the rattle of the rear flip flop seat both when open or closed. It has good pick up and is fast on level ground, but is noticably slower up hills though once it finds it's 'happy spot' it holds it's speed well....just slower than flat land.

Turning radius sucks...maybe worse than my wife's SUV...but it's easy enough to back up and adjust if you need to and you learn to anticipate what you need to do to make a circle/turn.

We should have the best test yet this coming week as we're spending the entire Memorial day week at the lake house. I hope to try to figure out what the top speed is and how far I can really go on the battery charge and such.