Suspension and brakes

StreetGlide

Starting CC DS '02 conversion. Frame is for gas, but installing electric (72v-96v) motor and 4.351 -1 differential mounted on the gas motor mount shelf "in-line" (perpendicular to axle).

I plan to keep the cart relatively low to the ground, but want an A-Arm suspension in front and coils over shocks on rear. 2"up and 2" down maximum travel (bounce and jounce) front and rear. Tires will be 18" to 21". I want at least front wheel hydraulic disc brakes, if not front, and rear.

Please help me with you suggestions, recommendations, etc. (All "nailed-down" except for the suspensions and brakes.)

DOOmsman

Street glide will this feed through a set of clutches?

also would a single beam axle in front be lighter and easier
to fab up?

StreetGlide

Clutches? Why? Axle, differential and motor are solid to mounting shelf (ball type coupling at front) and then to frame through suspension with blocks to restrict up/down & front/back. Could just go solid rear with no shocks but would like a little. Perhaps, I don't understand question? Please help me understand...
As far as front, I want adjustable suspension for possible autocross and street. (okay, I'll admit it, for "looks" too) Perhaps I should just say heck with it and "keep it simple". "Deep down", that's possibly part or reasons for wanting opinions and recommendations?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
sometimes the simple setup is best to get started and tweak it from there.

MikesMotorToys

I just installed a set of 4 wheel disc brakes on my Briggs powered EZGO. It's an awesome setup from wheelsca
thumbup.gif

Catman11

There is a new disc brake available for golf cars.

It just came out so not many dealers know about it yet. It is a replacement disc brake for the rear drum brakes. Stops a car a lot faster than the drums and it is a much cheaper option than the hydraulic disc brakes.

StreetGlide

That is interesting! Thanks for sharing. Not sure 20% more stopping power would be enough... That will take some for calculations when I get time. Again,thanks.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
It is a nice kit and yes it is cheaper but its not evan close to the 4 wheel hydraulic brakes.. if you have any power up grades you need 4 wheel brakes.

Catman11

If your cart is going 50mph with 25" tires, I agree you need 4 wheel brakes. But most guys don't want to spend $1500 to have a brake system installed. This one costed my buddy $350 installed and they work great. He has 24" tires, 6" lift and a rear seat. With 4 guys on it, we locked them up easy and the car stopped fast.
We were really impressed.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
thats the problem you dont want the wheels to slide... the cist is very nice and we plan to use them on stock limo carts for the guys in the hills... but for a performance guys the 4 wheel disc and the kit is only $800.00 not sure who told you $1500.00

StreetGlide

If the cart was not going to go more than 50 mph, I wouldn't spend the $ for all the upgrades for speed, so I wouldn't need the disc brakes.