Surging PDS

homer908

My 2002 has new batteries and it runs great....sometimes. then it will shut down to a crawl, steady but crawling. going to try the diagnostics ....any other suggestions?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Try diagnostic mode first and let us know what code(s) you get. Is anything like cables, controller or solenoid getting hot when the cart slows down?

homer908

ok, tried diagnostic test ( turn key off, switch to run, switch from nuetral to rev. 5X, ) and only 1 single beep. It says i will herre a beep or beeps confirming it is in diagnostic mode then give codes....no codes folloewed. Anybody????????

homer908

Alrighty, didnt know to drive it :-( 1-3 beeps. says faulty speed sensor. Where is it, is it hard to get to, hard to replace?

homer908

Ok, I do see it (round magnet according to EZGO website like $40 bucks). I hate to seem ignorant, but does it just pull out, or do i pull the end cap of the motor off? does the wiring go to the controller area? I've been a fireman for 20 years and thats about all i do know about...sorry! william

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
cool.gif
Thanks for what you do
tip.gif
usaflag1.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's 2 snap rings and a screw. Remove the first snap ring and the sensor will pull out. Then remove the second snap ring and screw and you can remove the magnet. There should be a wire connector under the cart for the wires coming out of the sensor. Check that connector first and make sure you have good connections there. If the connections are good replace the speed sensor.

homer908

Got the new speed sensor in....works great. Thanks to all that replied. I tried asking on another site called Buggies Unlimited, and never did get any help. I really appreciate it.
biggrin.gif