Suggestions for snowmobile powered golf cart?

SilverLake

Hey guys-

I'm new here, but I think your forum is very cool. I've been lurking around for a year or so, and would really like to get myself a cart. I go to the sand dunes in S.W. Michigan with my 4 wheeler and would like to make something that would handle over there. So I'm thinking like a 600 cc liquid cooled snomobile motor should do the trick! I wondered if anyone had any advice about getting one? I know I need to find a 4 stroke if I want to keep reverse, but I'm not even for positive that all carts have the clutches on the proper side for a snomo transplant. Any suggestions would be great, including just about the carts in general, I'd like to learn as much as I can!

Thanks-

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Have you thought about using a Honda or Briggs v-twin? Theres a lot of guys running them at the dunes with the v-twin setups.

With a ezgo you should be ok as long as it's a 4 stroke cart. I believe in 96 or 97 Club Car switched the engine rotation so you would probably be better of with a 95 or older CC...

Hopefully someone can give you some more details...

SilverLake

I've thought about it, but I'd really like to move up into power like a RZR would have!

So I should look for an ez-go or a pre 95 CC, what do you think about the Yamahas?

Also, I'm wondering what you like about each of the carts, I still haven't bought one so I'm not sure what will be best for me. It seems like people find something to like about all of them!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You should be fine with any of the big 3. I prefer the looks of the EZGO. With the power of the snowmobile engine you'll probably wind up going with aftermarket suspension so I'd go with whatever you can find the best deal on...

Hey im just in the middle of my conversion thought i could give you a little advice . anyway i have a 98 yamaha g-16, love the cart. i have a compatition rotax 670cc punched out to a 740cc &runs on 112 octane. its all the power i could want. cant keep the front wheels on the ground. yamaha's rear end shifts f&r still and the clutch is on the correct side. so you dont loose reverse. let me know if you have any questions. you can see my cart here, check out this link. http://www.highlandgolfcarts.com/newprojects.html
thanks