Street Legal Golf Carts

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've been getting asked a lot lately about state and county laws on what it takes to make a golf cart street legal. The laws vary from county to county and state to state so I thought this would be a useful forum to discuss this in. Anyone with any information or questions on laws and requirements for your state can post it in this forum. I know a lot of members from different locations have checked the requirements for making your carts street legal and I would appreciate it if you can post any info on what you've found out...
biggrin.gif

Thanks.
HRC

gornoman

It might be a good idea if each thread was simply a state name. That way people could get right to the point for their location.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That's what I was thinking. Either we can wait until someone with info starts a thread for each state or if someone wants to start 52 threads one for each state and a post that gives a brief description of what the thread is for. Something like Questions and Answers on making your cart street legal in (state). Any volunteers?
rotflmao.gif
thumbup.gif

MichaelWDane

I have a Club Car Pathway 48V cart. It came with 4 wheel brakes, turn signals, horn, windshield wiper, three point seat belts and a 17 digit VIN. I think it could be registered.

SonE63

That's what I was thinking. Either we can wait until someone with info starts a thread for each state or if someone wants to start 52 threads one for each state and a post that gives a brief description of what the thread is for. Something like Questions and Answers on making your cart street legal in (state). Any volunteers?
rotflmao.gif
thumbup.gif
Hi guys, Texas requires
1) headlights, tail lights ,turn signals,mirrors Rear view and side mirrors. Triangular reflective slow moving signage on rear. Seat belts front and back (if you have back seat). Rear hand rail. So far that’s all I’ve found. Hope this helps!