Street Legal Golf Carts In North Carolina

trkbilder

It is my understanding that golf carts must have a serial number(13 digits), must have lights, mirrors and turn signals to be street legal in North Carolina. They cannot be operated on roads or streets where the speed limit is over 35 mph. Final approval is up to cities that carts are operated in. In my home town, Kings Mountain, N.C. , carts can operate on any city street except the main drag through town. ( King Street). No lights required, no mirrors, no anything. Very liberal restrictions. Must stay on streets with 35 or lower speed limits. I go all over town in my cart and save a lot on fuel !! I'm loving it!! :thumbsup:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
thats very cool, i spend about 400.00 a yr on tickets from the county cops just for goin' six blocks for a gal milk :rotflmao: :rolleyes:
on one hand the Gov tells us to use less fuel and then wack's ya when ya do o_O

trkbilder

Yeah, I've been looking around for a while. Just thought it was time! And Nubs, the gov'ment never does get it right. I was shocked when I found out that my home town allows golf carts but I'm still leary when I go out on mine!

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Clint.....The Font/Color works a little different over here....Takes a little time to get used to it.

trkbilder

Found out yesterday that my town does require insurance ($100,000 liability) and a $20 sticker to operate on city streets, but only on certain ones. No main arteries! I'm still happy with that!!

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Clint...Was going to post a picture of your "Brave's Bomber" but I can't find one with the hat on it. I'll keep looking... I know I took some...

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Still can't find the pics with the Baseball Cap.. Must have not downloaded from the camera before it was stolen. Here is one of the Braves Bomber... Cap less

4660878345_5bbe34736d_b.jpg

OBX

From the NC DMV website:
Low-speed vehicles may be operated only on streets and highways where the posted speed limit is 35 miles per hour or less. It may cross a road or street at an intersection with a posted speed higher than 35 mph. The low-speed vehicle must be equipped with headlamps, stop lamps, turn signal lamps, tail lamps, reflex reflectors, parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, windshield wipers, speedometer, seat belts and a vehicle identification number. It must be insured and registered.

Glen Batchelor

The only thing I'm missing is the windshield wiper and a DOT-rated windshield. Wonder what the tax value would be on it. :waiting: I believe, additionally, that the headlights must be halogen and not LED since it's a LSV. I'm still trying to verify that. I bought a halogen headlight + LED tail setup for that reason, just in-case.