stock motor enough for lift and larger tires

kjames

On my 98 C.C will the stock controller and electric motor still push the cart fine? I mean it has plenty of power as it is so if I go with a 6" lift and have not really looked into tires but.... Just wanting to know before I get over my head. Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've been running stock motors and controllers in both of my EZGO's since 2002 with 22" tires without a problem. It all depends on how you use the cart and how much torque you need/want.

bigdog29609

You will be fine if you use the cart primarily on flat ground. If you are in a hilly area and carry heavy loads, it will be a strain on the electrical system, but it will work. You will just notice reduction in torque and slow speeds by the time you reach the top of a long grade.

GarageBuilt

Man does this post leave a bad taste in my mouth... Rod is correct.. Got my first stock cart & put a lift & some 22'' tires on it... That lasted about 3 months.. All was good until we figured out we could go with a taller size tire.. I want to say that were 24" A/T. Bought the tires & installed them on the cart. July 4 weekend we back up the truck & hook up the ramps & the cart made it up the top & lost power.. Came to find out we had smoke the controller... We were told with the taller tires & the steep incline into the back of the truck that it was too much of a load on the stock controller... We had just learned the hard way....

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Ronnie.... Have to agree with Rod.... Ran 22's for a couple of years before I went to the 27's. The controller is still stock, but I upgraded the cables to #2....The only change recently was a different motor (still have the stock motor).... There again... I cruise on mostly flat roads...
tip.gif

kjames

Well I really don't plan on going that oversized at the moment. I am still just looking at how much this project could cost...........which is endless

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Don't crunch the numbers too much.... Just don't ever tell the wife what you actually spent...

trkbilder

I've been running the stock controller on the Braves Bomber, with a better, motor up hills and I am very pleased with the results. It will run 22 on flat ground but it does loose a little going up the hill in front of my house.
thumbup.gif