Steering problems

Sitzoclubcar

I have a 96 CC and installed a 6" A arm lift. Trouble is when I turn to the left the wheel /tire will occasionally turn to far and gets stuck. Is there a way to adjust this? Doesnt happen when turning right, I think because that is the side the steering linkage is tied to. Thanks for the help

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
There are a few things that can cause the problem. Can you be more specific with "stuck"?

Stoney

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
What I would try is:

Point the wheels straight ahead.

Disconnect the tie rods at the pitman arm.

Center the steering box between full lock left and full lock right.

Adjust the tie rods and reconnect them without moving the wheels or pitman arm.

HTH

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Did the kit come with steering stops? Been a while since I installed mine, but I seem to remember steering stops. Or not.

Sitzoclubcar

Its an All sports lift from Everything carts. No it didnt come with any steering stops. Ill try the other idea and check in with EC to see if the sell steering stops?

Thanks for the info

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Check your steering rack and see if the retaining ring groove is worn out and ring is gone or give a call to All Sports and ask for Steve. 866-291-5244.
thumbup.gif

Steve

hittman2

I just went thru this myself, fighting for months. if you bought the Bulck Kit 6" A-arm. (which is a direct Chinese knock off of the American made All Sports A-Arm design), they chinese screwed it up. Because the drag arm isn't placed correctly, they needed to supply a "heim joint" that corrects the problem-( it replaces the ball joint in the drag arm with one with extended screw threads of about two inches) It's a problem that the All Sports superior design doesn't have. Problem is, I found out after hours of research, and by finally talking to great all around guy Dirty South who owns All Sports and the Buggies U. owner), is that the chinese neglected to box the part up that corrects the design flaw. Your easiest solution is to ask the seller for the part, and if its Buggies Unlimited, they'll supply it free of charge- but if you got it on the net, you may be screwed and have to buy it at Buggies UNlimited. I got mine from somebody calling themselves Gulf Coast Golf Carts and they REFUSED to supply it, even after an EBAY dispute.. I'll never buy there again. The part at Buggies Un is about $60 bucks--- "Heim Joint." My kit even included some doctored directions on which someone simply whited out the mention of the fix part. The seller swore up and down there was no problem with the kit and wouldn't budge. Only problem was, someone mistakenly included a second, correct set of directions (in my extremely battered box which I also had to chase down as it was shipped nearly two weeks after I bought and paid for it) on which I found, after the fact, that you could clearly see where the fix part was simply "whited out" by someone? Wonder who? Lesson learned, buy from All Sports or other reputable sellers who are responsible for their own designs. Now you know why yours, like mine, was cheaper. Good Luck Hittman

Sitzoclubcar

Thanks @ hittman I thought i bought the american version but how can you tell? I Didnt find " heim joint" on BU do you have a part #? .

Thanks