state of charge meter

bucksgold3

Hello again everyone!!! im still adding stuff to my cart. and i have a few questions. I have a 2001 txt fleet and ive upgraded to 2 GA wire on everything. 6 inch lift, 23 inch black widow tires, rattle can paint (hammered finish) LOOKS GOOD.. and cheap and seems to be sticking fine. Now for the questions.. i bought a LED state of charge meter off ebay. it has 2 wires 1 red and 1 black. the instructions that came with it says hook red to positive and black to negative and thats fine but i dont want it on all the time i would like to hook it up to the key switch so it only comes on when i turn the key on. any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. you guys have always had the right answers before and have always been a huge help so thank you
thumbup.gif

bucksgold3

i dont know if its digital or analog.. i can tell you it has green, yellow and red LEDs in a straight line across snd thats it. it only has a red wire and a black wire. thanks

dougmcp

It sounds like a digital LED meter. The ones I'm familiar with all have 3 connections. If yours only has 2 then you can only put this across the battery pack, not through the ignition switch.
Does it look like this?

P0007691.jpg

bucksgold3

yes it simular to that but has a smoke color lens with little round leds in side. i may have to just put a toggle switch on it so it can be cut off when i dont want it on. any ideas on amperage on a toggle switch? 15 amp or mabey 20 amp switch? thanks
wacko.gif