Speed problems

Holifield

I have a 2006 Precedent and the speed is reduced after starting. I have replaced the speed sensor with a different one. I am planning to test the old one sometime. When I first bought my cart, which was refurbished, I noticed that it done the same type of thing if I left it in Tow mode and tried to operate it. After reading different things on the internet, I don't think it was actually supposed to operate in Tow mode. But anyway, what are some things that I may need to check out to resolve this issue because I have playing a round of golf slowly.
Thanks

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I have speed sensor testing on my site for the old one. Key on in fwd. Push cart does it hold back for new one on cart

dougmcp

The cart should not operate in the Tow mode. The tow mode disconnects control voltage power to the controller.

shadowman

cool.gif

Holifield

Well, tested the cart today by pushing it a little ways. No brakes were applied, so I had to chase the cart down the hill
tongue.gif
It did make the normal noise that is made when it is rolling downhill. Does this help anyone troubleshoot the problem.

Diode

First go to my site and download the test make sure they are both bad then we can go from there

Diode

You do need to fix the tow run switch before you fry the controller

Holifield

Ok, found out that they sold me a faulty speed sensor. So went back to the cart shop and they replaced it again. This time it works. Thanks for all your help

dougmcp

Glad to hear it's fixed.......
thumbup.gif

BUT...... if it still runs in the tow mode there's something wrong with the R/T switch or the wiring. If it's not correct now it could be a $400 mistake later when you disconnect the batteries and take out the controller.
twocents.gif

shadowman

You hit that nail on the head doug.......always hate to hear it when they take the controller out because they didn,t know to flip a simple switch.