Speed ideas

FatDaddy

hello there, i was just wondering what the best and easiest route would be to add a little more speed to my ezgo... it's a 2000. i've seen high speed motors on ebay. so with the 32v variety would that be all i would have to add?? i'm not big on electric knowledge so any help would be appreciated

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Where's your forward and reverse switch located. There's different routes you can go depending on if the cart is a series or PDS.

FatDaddy

the switch is in the middle on the seat when you do a little lean over... i guess right under the right buttcheeck

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The cheapest and easiest route would be a EMP motor. You can get top speed around 22-23 MPH with stock tires without upgrading anything else on the cart. I'd suggest upgrading to 4 guage cables and HD buss bars in the forward and reverse switch but it's not mandatory with the EMP motors. Here's a link.

EMP Golf Cart Motors

FatDaddy

hey thanks... appreciated, what about the cables? would they have to be welding cables? because i work in a car audio shop and have tons of access to high strand 4 guage cables.... or would those be bad?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The welding cable holds up well with all the battery acid gases under the seat. I'm not sure how the audio cable would hold up...

FatDaddy

i've used them in cars to upgrade the wires from the alternater and battery, but i just might go with welding cables then. thanks, i'll let you know how it goes

divot61

theres always the rear end gear package, different ratio gears, adds maybe 6-7 mph?. try larger tires. 20-10x10 or 20-10 x8