spark igniter

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i saved this from a few years back, it works really well and can save some money if your handy at fixin' stuff.

Since that EZ-GO is phasing out parts for the 2 strokers, I did a gm hei module upgrade (I've done this on older motorcycles and it works great), so here's what I did.

Step 1: Go to your local auto parts house and ask for a gm hei ignition module for a 76 chevy 1/2 ton with a 350 (cost about $15-20)

Step 2: Mount the module on a piece of aluminum as far away from any heat source as possible (don't forget to put the grease on the back side of the module to help it transfer heat from the module to the aluminum).

Step 3: Hook the blue wire from the pulser coil to the terminal marked (W) on the hei module.
Hook the red wire from the pulser coil to the terminal marked (G) on the hei module.
Take the green wire from the main soleniod and make a connection to go the (+) side of the ignition coil and the terminal marked (
cool.gif
on the hei module.
Run a wire from the (-) side of the ignition coil and run it to the terminal marked © on the hei module.
Then run a wire from the mounting screw closest to the (B C) terminals on the hei module to a a good ground (I ran mine the where the (-) battery cable connects to the frame)
and your done!
(Note) there are two wires that ran from the voltage regulator to the original ez-go ignition module, I just removed them and the cart runs and charges just fine.

twostickmutt

ol' buddy you're smart as a whip. i'm gonna try it this week and i'll surely let you know how i made out. thanks a bunch for your help. j.j.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i can't take the credit for that
no.gif
i found that on BU a while back
tip.gif

hope it works out for ya "JJ"
thumbup.gif

twostickmutt

nubbs. i owe you one brother. put that hei module on and the ol' two-stroke fired up on the second spin. cost a whole $35.75. again i thank you and hope someday i can help you.
thumbup.gif
usaflag1.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I never used one on a 2 cycle bike engine, that was the other guy
tip.gif
i used the HEI's on snowmobile engines. kawasaki 440 l/c mostly, in the day those cdi boxes were 175.00. you can use them on 4 cycles also, it works on any engine! you just need to be able to trigger it at the right time.