Sourcing Parts EH35C

Sesamoidbone

Is anyone aware of a source for part 72676-G01 "outer breather plate". My '99 84024 hauler model was spitting oil out of the crankcase/pcv valve. After other adjustments, I removed the breather cover to find a broken reed. I'm having a difficult time locating a suitable replacement, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240610_184820.jpg
    20240610_184820.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 10

Tomd

Cartaholic
I will look when I get to my shop. There were several different designs on these engines with these breather plates. I have a few older engines torn apart. This is the first time I've seem one break. I will try and look today and get back with you.

Tomd

Cartaholic
Thank you! This one does not exactly match any of the parts manuals I could find.
I know exactly what you are talking about. Most manuals shows the one that has the nipple on it with hose that goes to bottom of block. Those would tend to leak oil where it fits in block at banjo fitting. I always do away with that style when rebuilding one of these engines for fear it starts to leak and engine is run without oil. I will just have to look to see if I have any left. I will be back with you as soon as I get to my shop. I'm running late today. :rolleyes:Tom

Sesamoidbone

Mine does not have the hose, but it also only has 2 bolts rather than the 4 pictured for the newer style. I'll attach a picture of the other side of the plate. Worse case scenario I think if I can find an appropriate reed material I could rebuild it.

Attachments

• 20240610_184759.jpg
    20240610_184759.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 5

Tomd

Cartaholic
I'm not sure where yours is broke ? even though I think I see something in your picture that looks broke. I looked at a few I have on extra engines and they are the same as in this picture.
See what you think from looking at mine.

Attachments

• side ezgo plate.jpg
    side ezgo plate.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Other side of ezgo plate.jpg
    Other side of ezgo plate.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 5

Sesamoidbone

The reed itself is broken, right above the rivets. Yours looks identical, if your willing to part with it let me know how much and how you'd like me to pay.

Tomd

Cartaholic
We can work something out. Can you send me a private conversation with your info or phone number I can contact you. Use the conversation thing to do that so your info don't get out for others to see.

Sesamoidbone

I cannot find the method for starting conversations, no options show up from the envelope icon or from hovering over your username. I assume it may be restricted to more seasoned members to prevent harassment from potential spammers.