sos on a dcs

BCGC

have a ezgo dcs no go the reverse horn is on in rev.forward, and netr, while cart is on or off in tow or run mode. hear the solonoid clicking when shift into forward and rev but not when you step on the gas pedal. have the volts needed micro on f and r good by passes reed switch still nothing please need help asap. i'll buy you a beer!

golfcarmichigan

What is the voltage of the batteries? Does the voltage change when you step on the peddle? Sounds like smoked controller, but need to hear a little more.

fabbinman

ok. Next question.
you said, "the reverse horn is on in rev.forward, and netr,".
Am I understanding you correctly that the reverse horn is sounding in all positions?

BCGC

yes, but my buddy washed evrything down with water before i got to the cart so i thinking water may have got something wet because it slowly got softer

dougmcp

A DCS cart's weak point is the controller.
Give it a couple of days to dry out the controller and it may run again, if not replace the controller.

BCGC

the water was an after thought . cart broke before he started to clean it. i would think controller but the micro switch was bent back nder the floor

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the micro is bad or broken you need to replace that for starters. But I'd agree with Doug about the controller being bad also.