Something new to argue about.....

TerryH

In all seriousness........

Seems to me that every cart currently racing was built under the old rules so it just makes sense to continue to adhere to at least the bulk of the old rules.

I would personally like to see the racers put together a set of rules that make sense for everyone.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Agreed, the tracks will never get on board if they can't classify what it is, i thought the goal was to grow the NGKRA and promote golf cart racing. No rules will get somebody killed one day and then its all over.
A live axle, if thats what OP is talkin' about? is an ATV.

TerryH

I think we should come up with some classes and rules for those classes. Not sure zakly how to go about it but I totally agree with nubs about the tracks taking a step back if we don't look credible to them. If there really are no rules and anything goes we are inviting trouble.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Should certain factory drive train components be mandatory in order to be called a golf cart, and if so which one's would verify that.

oddpowers

Cartaholic
Rules for safety are differant than rules on what makes it a golf cart. Theres not enough of us for classes. Safety is the real concern.
however, maybe to be considered a golf cart, it would need to have X number of predetermind golf cart features. ??

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Would work great on my end... Pull it outta the Chevelle for the weekend and then dropper back in after. Multi-purpose, yes.

gornoman

In my opinion, yes they should. On gassers I would like to see a known golf cart CVT and differential, on sparkies a known diff and direct drive motor. Stock frame should be included too. Anything else is a "modified"...

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
i think having basic classes would help others to build according to a class..

as in parsons cart its usuing a live axle from a go-kart not a ATV in fact it has more golf cart parts on that cart than most of the others... so maybe have a live axle class to...

there are a bunch of golf carts on BGW that guys have installed live axles and a different gas engine.. they are still calling them a golf cart...

until there are alot more carts running then we can get more detailed in the classes...