Soboba Sand Drags 1st Golf Cart To Race

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Ok I'm back home now from the Soboba Sand Drags. We were 1st Golf Cart to race there. :)

We made 2 test and tunes on Friday, 2 test and tunes Saturday morning then made 4 elimination runs Saturdat afternoon.

We went to rounds of racing and both rounds there was either a car number or dial in time confusion so we ran them over. Won the first round and then lost second round by .089 racing a 100k Larry Minor racing jeep

The best time of the weekend on the same pass ran the fastest too 6.29 @46.00 mph

We had a lot of people stopping and checking us out...a lot of the big boys where a little puzzled when they say a golf cart until they seen it leave the starting line.... then they though it was way cool. We were even faster then some of the 4 wheel trucks and our best 60ft time was 2.16 not bad in the sand.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
looks like we are spending the motor over 10,000 rpm ... we brought the other dif with 12:1 but didnt have enough time to change rear ends... next time

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
here is another video of the first pass of the second round... they had the wrong car number for the black jeep so we ran again.. which was good cause on this pass i red lighted....

funny thing is the black jeep a $1000.00 jeep

my cart $8000.00 cart

to race together Priceless

WALKNTALL

That's great Randy, lots of fun! I've thought about throwing some paddles on mine and trying sand drags, you know I like the sand! I wish I was closer so I could race with ya. Are you running a ridged rear suspension or springs?

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
We are running the 4 leaf rear springs....

They have another meet in OCT.... from the look on the net theres sand drags in Texas.

I wish you guys were closer so we can race all together... but at least for now i can say 1st and only west coast racer sand or asphalt.

It was cool to see the guys next to me had TE car and some bad azz quads and there were other quad people came up and said we all have done the math and here is the front gear you need to run....

With the cart and being in the sand not much info out there.... but now we have numbers and w can do some changes but to do any testing with numbers before OCT ill hav to go to Kingman in May or Dome Valley Yuma AZ has test and tune almost every weekend.

WALKNTALL

Yeah there is a place about 2 hours north of me I want to try out. I want to try out my R1 quad and cart up there. Unfortuntely at Spring Break my R1 quad blew a rear tire on the whoops on Olds Hill threw me off and jacked up my back pretty bad, I'm out for the season. I'll be back next season though. Keep us posted on your racing!

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Take care of that back maybe you and gbr could come out in October, we could use the support.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Maybe next season we will bring the cart and see if we can make it up the China Wall faster than the rhinos. :D

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
this was posted on the sand drag forum

Re: october dates????
by MSS » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Come out to Kingman in just a little over a month - Your little golf cart puts on a great show - Congrats on the nice runs.

pretty cool.... we will have to see if we have the extra funds to run that event...

GarageBuilt

That's great Randy!!!!! Keep digging..... I will contribute to your next event....I want one of your custom wagons for my granddaughter..

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
thanks ronnie but the wagons stuff pays for the rent...we have been talking to a few people about some sponsorship... so we will see what happens....