So how long do you charge it?

THEPISTONHEAD

I charged my cart for the first time and the volt meter on the charger gradually went lower and lower. I had it on for around 6 to 8 hours but it never went to zero volts. Whats the proper operation. DOes this even sound remotley familiar? Thanks......I tried searching but couldnt quite find it.

Jason

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Is it a automatic charger? If so let it run until it shuts off. The time will vary depending on how low the batteries are.

gornoman

Also, it's not a voltmeter on the charger, it is an amp meter. Let it finish unless it is going beyond 12 hours, which would indicate some sort of issue.

THEPISTONHEAD

Oops.....yeah it is AMP's......I am so used to my job. I need to read up on the charger.

Its a power drive 2 model 22110 and says club car on it. Any ideas? Im going to search for something right now. Thanks again.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The PowerDrive 2 is automatic. It's possible to take up to 16 hours for a complete charge cycle if the batteries were run down low or the cart has been sitting for a while. That charger will shut itself off after 16 hours even if the batteries aren't fully charger due to a problem...

From looking at your original post I'd say it's working like it should. Next time you charge the cart let the charger run until it shuts off...

THEPISTONHEAD

Awesome............Thank you so much.
thumbup.gif

shadowman

if they are brand new batteries they may take up to 15 hours or so before charger shuts off.........theres a break in period of approx 12 to 15 charge/discharge cycles to bring new batteries up to 100% as they are only aprox 70 to 75% when new.......very important to break them in right or you,ll cut the life and run time of them otherwise so let the charger do its thing.......when they are broke in you,ll notice it.........................
cool.gif