Slow forward fast reverse

lupin

2003 Club DS, 48 Volt IQ system that runs slow in forward but fast in reverse. The Golf Cart will take off just fine but within a second or so will slow to a crawl and run about 1 to 2 m.p.h. I can step on the pedal again and it will repeat the same never getting any faster than before. In reverse it runs just fine. The batteries. are less than one year old, voltages on all 6 are over 8.5 volts. I replaced the MCOR with one off of a working cart........didn't fix it. I am getting 52V across the batt. bank but have not tried another location. I have disconnected the speed sensor from the rear of motor....no difference. I am really just looking for other things to consider. Such as, F & R rocker switch, solenoid, motor, controller, brake light micro switch? My cart recently took a significant front wheel hit which bent several front end components. It sat for about 4 months for me to have a chance to repair the damage. I am also wondering if the impact could had knocked the acell. linkage out of adjustment. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.

BIGDAWG

sounds like a speed sensor problem, take it off the motor check to see if it is
damaged anywhere [broken wire, grease on the pickup,cracked magnet on the
motor shaft]
BIGDAWG

lupin

Thanks for the response.

I did unplug the sensor on the rear of the motor........made no difference. Is that the correct one?

lupin

It was the speed sensor BD thanks for the direction. Christian at CKD golf carts in League City hooked up his IQDM and found a speed sensor fault code. NO charge!! I put a new on in and it runs great!!