Site Upgrades

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm doing some editing on the skin here so you might experience a blank page or error if you happen to be using a part of the forum I'm editing. One of the more noticeable changes as of now is when you preview your post before you post it the preview background and text colors are now the same color as the actual post will be. This way it lets you see how any colors you use will look in the actual post.

I'm slowly getting rid of the yellow text on the light color backgrounds. The links that are in posts are now blue. I think it makes the posts much easier to read.

If anyone has suggestions or notices any problems please let me know.

Thanks,
HRC

thelt

One problem I keep having is finding the Login link. Can you make it more conspicuous? I know remembering things is a challenge when you get old. It would just make it easier ;)

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'll look into making another log in link. The quick login is on the bottom of the forum, maybe I'll move it to the top. I never really noticed this because I check the Remember Me box on the login page to automatically log in...

Keep the suggestions coming...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I just wanted to let you know I increased the maximum avatar size to 125x125. Anything bigger causes the member map to go out of alignment.

HRC

OlBoy

The PM inbox looks a whole lot nicer now with the blue message title. Much easier to read now. :thumbsup:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks guys!!!

What makes changing colors a pain here is some colors change in more than one place when you change them. My goal is to get rid of all the yellow text on light gray background. So basically I have to go into the forum software and add code to define individual colors for the those sections. Once I get that done I'm planing on adding some new skins or at least one more that has a lighter theme. If anyone finds certain sections of the site hard to read let me know.

gornoman

HRC, what is the significance of the 5 orange blocks under SOME of the usernames listed on the left side of any thread?
Did I miss something, LOL???

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's a point system kind of like the User Title. The blocks increase with the number of posts. You can use a image of choice for it instead of the orange blocks. I'm searching for some small pics to replace them with...

matt75

Am I missing something? Ive never seen a log in at the bottom of the page, always been at the top.

Nevermind I see it now. I had to log out and scroll all the way down which I never do

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Do you see the log in boxes on the top and bottom when your logged in? They're supposed to be gone once you log in.

OlBoy

I just used the new log in on the top and its gone now that I logged in. When I first started using this forum I used to have trouble remembering where to log in. The top log in stands out and is easy to see.

matt75

I see< Hello: matt75 ( log out ) You have: 0 new messages>. is this not supposed to be there? I see nothing at the bottom.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thats the member bar and yes you should see that. If your not logged in you should see two quick log ins where you can enter your name and password. One at the bottom on the right that has always been there and I added one to the top so people could see it as soon as they entered the forum. Once your logged in the quick log in boxes should be gone. I always log in automatically and never noticed it was hard to find the quick login on the bottom until thelt pointed it out. I think everything is working like it should, as far as the quick log in goes...