Shock Therapy Racing First Drag Racing Golf Cart Build

TerryH

We've proven several times that the stock golf cart brushes...even with 8 of them in one motor...simply can not stand the voltage/current that we seem determined to send to them. The fine folks at Helwig Carbon have come on board as sponsors and this is the first of their goodies to come our way. I'd say these will be a huge improvement over the standard brushes. These are their red top split racing brushes. Special compound and 4 leads per brush. 2 new motors underway at ALM right now will be getting these ASAP.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Nice.
cool.gif

TerryH

Thanks Rod! I'm super excited to see how it goes with these brushes. Motors have been a consumable resource ever since we got the LiPo pack. These will hopefully solve that problem. We've been doing quite a bit of motor design experimenting but it's hard to build much data when you blow the brushes out of them up every other pass.
dazed053.gif

TerryH

Big brown truck dropped off some special packages today. Big shout out to Advance Lift Motors and Helwig Carbon!! We are so blessed to have both of these companies on board as sponsors! The new motors are gorgeous! Makes me smile to see these Helwig red split top racing brushes in these ALM motors!!
checkered_flag.gif
checkered_flag.gif

TerryH

So all the cool kids have catchy names of the drag racing vehicles. This name came to me and I couldn't resist....

Also very, very cool to have the decal on the dragster as well.

GarageBuilt

TH you get them motors back yet ? After my last melt down I bought two new ones. I almost have them ready to go. I believe the melt down of the filed windings was caused from all the repeted heat & just broke & the weld. Just something else we have to keep of with. But for the most part I'm ready to head your way.

TerryH

No motors yet. Pretty major redesign going on. Moving all the pole connections to the outside of the motor. That is where the arc outs are going to. Not enough space inside these little motors. 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb can. I don't know when I'm getting them back but hopefully soon. I'm anxious to get back to racing!!

GarageBuilt

TH I just got back from Ohio. But say the word & I'll head your way . Test & Tune.
rotflmao.gif
We need to call it Go or Blow. I had a motor turn loose on me also. Same motor I ran in Missouri. Same motor same voltage. I had over 20 runs on that motor. All I did was change gears . It would be cool to say to many RPMs. But no !!! I'm not sure it was even the gear change. But I melted or maybe just a bad weld . But the filed windings weld had broke apart. All I could save was the can & the brush system.. Oh well .. So where you at with your motors ?????

TerryH

We had a great time yesterday at a benefit car show in our area. Fast Eddie Rogers was there with his real Pro Mod Chevelle so we had both ends of the Pro Mod scale. Let's say it was a little more spectacular when Eddie fired up the BAE blown hemi in the Chevelle than when I pushed the start switch on mine.
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

GarageBuilt

Maybe I should of pm you. I know the pressure you have on you from fug man. After each race year I pass out all my batteries & motors. I still race for the love of the sport . But looks like it's time to hang it up.. Yes!!!

TerryH

I'm not under any pressure from anybody. We're going back to racing the end of June. I am not stopping racing, just have other things that need more attention right now. I'm not sure about the race at ORP yet. They definitely want to do it. I'd like to do it but not sure of the schedule.