Shadow Lakes Take 1

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I opened up the park model at Shadow Lakes for the summer. No frozen pipes over the winter.
biggrin.gif
I got out there Friday afternoon, it was about 60* and sunny. I brought one cart with me this weekend and I'll bring the other two on the next trips out there. Saturday wasn't so nice weather wise. We came home Saturday afternoon but at least we're opened up and ready to enjoy...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The fishing is real good. Musky, Walleye, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Rainbow Trout, Stripper, Crappie, Bluegill and Catfish. My biggest fish was a 15 pound Stripper. Biggest laremouth I've caught was 7 1/2 pounds. This year my plan is to fish heavy for Musky. I haven't landed a big Musky yet but during the summer months it's not unusual to get them in the 50 inch range. The trout and bass fishing is real good in the early spring. I hope to get started next weekend.
yes.gif

gornoman

Musky fishin' in Illinois? Whoda thunk it?

Why did I always go to the northwoods for musky? I could have stayed home!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The Illinois state record Tiger Musky was caught in Lake Will which is right down the road from Shadow Lakes. I believe the fish was 51 1/2 inches, not sure about the weight...
yikes2.gif

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Ever take your cart out on the ice and pull :censored:hooks? We seldom see ice without snow on it up north. I know it is thawing now, I meant earlier.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
:censored:hooks have nothing to do with fishing. It involves power turns, I should say over powered turns, sending your car into a drift and ending up with a 180. Usually done on gravel, but on the ice the result can be you spinning down the ice like a top.
I know that when I talk about a drift today, younger people think of what people are doing with these rice burners. I am having nothing with that. I am talking about a young guy in the late 50's early 60's who is having fun this afternoon and is getting laid that night.
We learned to hide under our desks and life was good.
banana.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks... It wasn't to bad on Friday when I took the pictures, about 60 degrees. Saturday was only about 40
mad.gif
Today we're getting snow again. I'm starting to wonder if winter will end this year lmao...

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
When I was a kid I would love going to the lake in the early Spring. Watching the ice disappear was like watching a birth. I always looked forward to the summers at the cabin. It was a magic time.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Early spring is my favorite time of year. When I was a kid my parents had a place on the Rock River and it was relaxing to just sit and watch the ice flow by. In a way winter is nice because it makes you really appreciate the warm weather (trying to convince myself winter is good)...
biggrin.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
Not a think wrong with the changing seasons, i have missed that the past few years. I rented my shack in florida so next year its deer hunting and ice fishing, oh yea.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Give me a break!
lies.gif

Staying up North in the snow and cold is for people with jobs or too sick to go South. And, besides, what would you do with a deer if you did catch one?

gornoman

COPB, have you ever used a snowmobile? Skied down a powdery slope in the Rockies? Built a roaring bonfire surrounded by 3ft of snow? Chase a young girl into the dark forest.......

JRay

Cartaholic
And its getting deeper
rotflmao.gif
, But it is spring time. Went to Cabelas yesterday and bought an under water camera, i will find those fish this year.