Setting an avatar pic?

Skkreat

This thing's driving me nuts! I've got to be missing something stupid.
I've got a Photobucket acct and the image I want to use but when I copy the link this is the response...

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, that is not a valid file extension

I've tried the E-mail & IM link, the Direct link, HTML link, and the IMG link. I've tried to manually resize to 125x125 and have left it blank. What am I missing?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i can't do mine either
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
wacko.gif
i had the Boss man do mine. i am kinda dumb though
yes.gif

Skkreat

Figured it out! Had to drop the "IMG" notation at the beginning and the end of the IMG link. There's an hour of my life I'll never get back but the sense of accomplishment is worth it. Apparently, I'm easily amused.

Skkreat

Hey, don't feel bad. I ain't the brightest in the world either, but the wife would kill me if her computer went flying across the lawn out of frustration.
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wacko.gif

Skkreat

"Is there an hour of anyone's life that can be got back???"

Talked to Doc Brown @ that one. It just takes 1.21 gigawatts! I will finally be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel! No... wait... that's just an oncoming train.
unsure.gif

OYJ

I do not understand why terry and I are have trouble with are Avatar
On this site and over on SDCRL

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Not sure about Terry's I haven't looked but the link to to your avatar is dead. I copy and pasted your avatar into my browser and get the file not found message.