Sears Lectracar Diplomat II Golf Cart

doofer76

I have recently purchased a golf cart, it appears to be a Sears Lectracar, it has "Diplomat II" on the side. It is a three wheeled fibergalss bodied electric cart. I have not been able to find any information about it other than it was manufactured in the 50's. Does anyone know anyhting about them or where I can go to find infor about them

donuto63139

I am a new member, just joined!
I am the owner of a 1959 Sears Diplomat II Lectracar. It is a 36Volt three wheeled golf cart. It is a fiberglass bodied cart with fins on the rear. It is light blue and pink! Stock colors.
I have the owners manual with a wiring diagram and the original charger and charger manual. If I can be of assistance just let me know. I can send pics if you want. It will be in a car show on October 3rd in St. Louis, Mo.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum donuto63139...

Post some pics of your Sears Diplomat II Lectracar if you can. Also if you can scan the wiring diagram I'd be more that happy to add it to the resource forum.

Wig

Hi I just joined as well after doing a search for a Sears Diplomat II Lectracar. I have a Brother who brought this cart home maybe 8 years ago from a steel mill warehouse around Chicago. So after 8 years I end up with it and last night doing a search this is the only thing I found on the internet. My cart appears to be orignal in a red color and I can see that on the body at one time were like daisy pattern stickers but now missing. This may be key to its original look? There are no batteries but what looks like the original charger is with it. I would like to get more info on the year built and the wiring diagram and any pics from donut63139 if you can email them. I can post pics of the project cart I have ahead of me here on the site if there is interest? Thanks and hope to get some info help. Wig.........

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum Wig... :hattip:

Can you find a serial number on the Sears Diplomat II Lectracar. I might be able to find the year if you can post the serial number. Also feel free to post pics of your carts, we like pics... :thumbsup:

jester3939

I just picked up a cart that appears to be a 3-wheeled Sears Lectracar. The only marking I've found so far is that it says Lectracar on the floor board. Mine is a reddish orange color, can't seem to figure out how to post a pic here.

oddpowers

Cartaholic
Cool cart!!
Go figure, 4 Lectracar golf carts on one forum. Who'd thought there'd be that many left. I see a full off restoration in your future..... :thumbsup:

jester3939

I don't really know anything about the cart, but it runs. My daughter and I drove it around for a little while yesterday. I was using 3 12v car batteries to run it. They seem to work firne but probably won't last nearly as long as the correct batteries would. Also, charging will be a pain because there was no charger with the cart. The place to plug in is there but there was no charger to plug into it. I'm assuming the charger was external with a plug to insert into the outlet in the cart because there doesn't appear to be an internal charger. So I'm assuming I will have to unhook the batteries and charge them seperately.

dougmcp

You don't have to disconnect the batteries or anything to charge them, just put the 12v charger on each battery. Do this 3 times for all your batteries and you're done.

jester3939

Thanks, I will give that a try. I was just worried that I would burn out either the charger or something else on the cart.

Wig

I was trying to post pics of my Sears Diplomat II which looks alot like the latest pics but im getting a message saying--
(Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed)

Ok what does that mean? I loaded my pics into Photobucket and then followed the steps to post a reply. Help and I will repost then today. Thanks Wig.....

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
With Photobucket you can copy the link with the img tags and paste them right into your post without using the IMG button on the forum.

Wig

Ok here is my Sears Diplomat II Lectracar. I am NOT wanting to restore to original but modify this as a vintage look with color change black and seat material gold with a front fender like off a older bike with a headlight and bullet tail lights ect. Also some type of smaller back bumper not even needed but just for looks. The rear tire sets way too far forward in the wheel well so I will try moving it more to center. I like the idea of the 3 car batteries as far as lighter weight and it will be a little use cart used around the neighborhood.

HPIM5013.jpg

HPIM4980.jpg

HPIM4985.jpg

HPIM4989.jpg

HPIM4991.jpg

HPIM4976.jpg

HPIM5017.jpg

jester3939

Yup this looks exactly like the cart I have except someone had added headlight and tail lights to mine. I've been using the 3 car batteries and it seems to work just fine. I don't have the 36v charger so I've been just charging one at a time without unhooking anything. I might buy two more regular chargers so I can do all three at once.

Wig

Hey Caddie, can you email me at yahoo where I can see about having you take some pics of how your batteries are wired. This cart has rusty ate up angle iron rails where the batteries rest or set and I will be taking the body off to fix some rear cracks where the rear bumper flexed and left 3 to 4 inch cracks. This is why I would just leave the bumper off and find some type of smaller bumper gaurds ect. maybe bullet type? I am also looking at forming a hood or front cover coming off the the pipe frame and veeing into and over that front wheel. Where the bag rack is in the back I will remove it since it wont be hauling clubs anymore. So please email me at [email protected] Thanks Wig.......