sams club batteries?

clubcar05

does anyone run these (i think they are energizer), are they good, do they hold a charge good? i know "you get what you pay for" but i don't want to spend $600 on bat. if i don't have to

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I haven't used the Energizers yet but I was told they're made by Exide. Quite a few guys are using them and so far I haven't heard of any problems. Some Sam's sell Interstate golf cart batteries and they are good also.

JRay

Cartaholic
A lot of those in my area, no problems that i have heard. I would buy a set
thumbup.gif

clubcar05

thanks guys i just want to get it running, and they have a good deal on batteries so i think i am going to go buy some

JRay

Cartaholic
Damned old fart neighbor of mine is still running those 2000 sammy batt. in his cart. Look at the orange cart in the non lifted section of this forum. I bet he gets 10 years out of them.

CartTrader

Upgraded my CC cart from 36 to 48 using Sam`s batteries. Been working great for a year now. Trouble is, went back for another set for another cart, they don`t carry 8 volters anymore.

CartTrader

lineman962

YOu should try to "Refurbish" your old batteries if you still have them. I just saved a ton of money doing this and my cart runs better now then it ever has. It doesnt work on all batteries but 20 is a lot cheaper than 500 - 600. Let me know if your interested and ill fill you in on how to do it.

clubcar05

QUOTE (lineman962 @ September 11, 2008 - 07:43 PM) YOu should try to "Refurbish" your old batteries if you still have them. I just saved a ton of money doing this and my cart runs better now then it ever has. It doesnt work on all batteries but 20 is a lot cheaper than 500 - 600. Let me know if your interested and ill fill you in on how to do it.
my batteries are beyond repair one has the bottom almost missing I am buy new trojans for $503.97

lineman962

Im not saying my batteries were bad. Im just saying that my cart run's a heck of a lot better now then it has since i have owned it.