Sagging Golf Cart

kneedajeep

Hello, I have a 2017 E-Z-GO Valor gas cart with back seat. Added a tag-a-long with one more seat. When I have 4 people on the cart and 2 on the tag-a-long going up hill the front wheels come off the ground. Back end of the golf cart sags. I seen a golf cart this weekend with 4 coil over shocks and no leaf springs. I have factory 4 leaf springs right now. Was looking to get new one with different shocks for a better ride. Anyone got any ideas that you could help me with. Everyone that rides on my cart says it really bumpy and on the tag-a-long guy told me he couldn't drink his beer.

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Well thats a heck of a thing when you can't drink your beer. This needs to be fixed ! I'm not sure how many leaves the springs normally have or should have, but, I think it would be easier to install a heavier spring or add an extra leaf or 2 to the existing spring.

golfcar2000

Cartaholic
4 Leaf is as heavy of a spring I have seen available for the rear. With the people on the rear and the weight of the tag along with adults on it may be exceeding the weight limit of the cart. Weight limit is 800 pounds for the cart before you add rear seat which probably is around 150 to 160 pounds so allows about 650 pounds for driver and all passengers.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
you obviously need some smaller friends maybe serve them light beer .
I noticed mine gets a little Squirrley with people on the back I’m not sure heavier springs is going to keep the front down and I don’t think the tagalong is going to add that much unless they’re standing up on the tongue the seats are close to the axle on the back

Diode

It would really be nice if you could put some overloads on there then it would ride the same without people on and then they would sit down on the overloads when loaded I would go buy a trailer supply house see what they have

dirtysouth

I'd move the seat on the tag along back over rear axle or maybe an inch or two more than center. Right now you have to much tongue weight and rear step hitch mount is making it worse. You wouldn't have to bother with springs then. The ride would be 100 times better and no loss of beer

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Everyone that rides on my cart says it really bumpy and on the tag-a-long guy told me he couldn't drink his beer.
Moving the seat back on the trailer should also help with the ride of the trailer so your buddy will be able to drink his beer easier. Welcome to Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. :hattip:

kneedajeep

Ok I have not done anything different to the cart yet. I have been looking at different pics. of different tag-a-longs and seen that they have a bigger lifted cart with a drop down hitch. Couple of questions. 1) will this make for a better ride? 2) If the answer is yes to question one, what would be the best lift to get? Thanks everyone

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the front tires of the golf cart are coming off the ground with passengers on the trailer the only think that will stop that is less tongue weight. I don't think any lift kit will help with that problem. :twocents:

dirtysouth

Move the seat back on tag along and it'll work great. Lifting it is gonna give you a higher center of gravity, probably make it a little uncomfortable for passengers when turning

kneedajeep

No nothing yet been working a lot. I may have to wait until camping season is over to start working on it. Will post updates when get them.

kneedajeep

Ok finally got cart lifted, new tires and rims, HD leaf springs in the back, plug, fuel filter and oil change. Tag-a-long rides better now. But after doing all this work. It will not climb the hills at the campground now. Before I did all this work I could have 6 people on it and go up the roads SLOW but it would make it. Now with just four people on the cart I can't even make it up half way. What do I need to do know. Thanks

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I have a club Car gasser, I sent my clutches in to have modified to be able to climb hills better - not certain they can do the clutches on your car or not...you could check.

kneedajeep

got everything put together new clutch springs in. Now climbs hills with 6 people on the cart. What a difference with the new springs and a higher hitch,