rpm limiter

Rick Kennedy

I read to fix my non sparking issue was to disconnect my ground wire and tape it up from my rpm limiter. I tried it and it works and run fine. The only thing is after a ride around our community which is 7 miles at just average speed not full throttle at all It seems the cart is HOT. Sometimes it even must cool off before it will go again. Is this heet problem caused from the disconnected rpm limiter or do i have another issue. Any good advice appreciated..

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Have you adjusted the governor? Is so that could be causing the heat problem if you running at higher RPM. Make sure you don't have mud and dirt build up on the fan.

Rick Kennedy

No i have not adjusted the gov. I gps my cart speed at 17-18mph. The motor is a 290 kawasaki 9hp. The motor does not seem or sound like its being over reved or anything. Its runs just a little faster than it did before disconnecting the ground wire for the limiter but not a big difference

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Make sure there's not any mud and dirt restricting the fan. Did it run hot before you unhooked the rev limiter? If your going to leave the rev limiter unhooked I'd suggest getting a tach.

Rick Kennedy

Ok Ill take a look in side there but I can tell the outside cover looks clean but i guess there could be a stick or something stuck in there?? I didnt notice is being this hot before.