Rewire Cart And Now It Doesn't Run Right

jsbigone

ok Gurus,

i have an 85 ezgo series cart. I have made and installed new 4 guage wires, and actually rewired about every single component. Bought new contacts on wiper board and new wiper. Batteries are holding great charge, and stay up a long long time. Ive also rebuilt the forward and reverse controller, as in putting new contacts in it and replaced wires to the switches.

Now for the problem:

To get it to move I usually have to play with the F&R switch. It chatters at first with light accellaration, then goes to wide open and scares the hell out of me and my doggie! lol Sometimes doesnt even bother chatterin just takes off like a bat out of hell. Doesnt matter if its in reverse or forward.

I'm thinkin that I didnt do a great job as I thought rebuilding the F&R switch. I don't mind buying a new one if you guys think thats the problem. The wiper and contacts seem to be ok and very smooth, which is why I'm thinking it has to do with the F&R Switch.

I dont want to take it to a bike rally until I get this worked out, for obvious reasons of killin someone or someone killin me! lol

Any opinions, smart ass remarks, or advise will all be welcome.

Thanks,
Big John
wallbash.gif

ezgoesit

does it take off even if the pedal isnt pushed... like you turn the key on and it just takes off? If so could be your soleniod

shadowman

are you certain you didn,t reverse any of the cables on the F&R when you did the new cables......................................
cool.gif

jsbigone

ok Shadowman, I ll confess! When I got it together the F&R was reversed. Meaning when I put in forward the cart goes backwards.

I thought i saw a post where someone else did that and now cant find it.

Still Stumped, cause I dont know what is reversed!
Please help,

Big John

jsbigone

Could the solinoide be causing this jerking action working half ass or something? I got a bike rally comin up and I need to get this thing goin.

Big John

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's possible but I doubt the solenoid is the problem. You can try jumping the two large posts on the solenoid with a 6 gauge or larger cable and see if it still acts up. If it runs right with the solenoid jumped then replace it. Seeing how you originally posted that moving the f/r switch will get it to move I'm leaning toward a problem with the switch. The jerking could also be a problem with the wiper board.

Did the cart work right before you changed all the cables and the other parts you changed?

jsbigone

No it didnt, when I got it it would run then just stop like the batterys were dead. The wiper board was burnt and contacts so they have all been replaced. I'll keep trying.

Appreciate it Hotrod.

jsbigone

Just to let everyone know, I switched the 2 4 guage wires on the side of the FNR Switch. Now Forward is Forward and reverse is Reverse!!

Also Did a little adjusting on the FNR Switch and the shuttering has stopped.

Takin to a Motorcycle rally this weekend, So hopefully it will be used enough to see what kind of shape Batteries are in and stuff!

Thanks for the help!

I Bugs me when people get their problems solved and doesn.t let us know the verdict! Didnt want to be one of those dudes.

usaflag1.gif