Reverse Stopped Working Still Goes Forward

Antawnia

The reverse stopped working on our golf cart but it still goes forward. We had an incident that melted one of the battery cable wires and after we replaced it the reverse no longer worked. We hooked the buzzer back up and it doesn’t work either. We have replaced the controller and the solenoid. We tried flipping the wires on the F&R switch, but it still only goes forward. What could it be ??? The solenoid does not click on reverse either even after putting the new one on.

Antawnia

We have replaced the controller and the solenoid but it still does not go in reverse. Any other ideas or possibilities ?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
You replace the controller with a used controller you had on the shelf right

Antawnia

No we purchased a brand new upgraded controller and solenoid (since we were looking to upgrade the controller anyways pre incident) but we can’t figure out why it only goes forward and not reverse still.

Diode

Okay what controller was on the cart what controller did you replace it with and what was upgraded

Kenriv

check the wires at the controller coming from the F&R switch to make sure they have connection. I have had the wire get mashed and lose connection on the reverse side of the switch.

Antawnia

Okay what controller was on the cart what controller did you replace it with and what was upgraded
It had a factory 250 amp controller and we put a new 350 amp controller and a new solenoid. And it is a Precision Drive System, 2006 EZ Go golf cart.

Kenriv

After looking through other posts, I am assuming you have the rocker switch for the F&R, and the Curtis 1206MX controller. Check the Orange wire at the controller with the F&R in reverse position and make sure you have pack voltage there.

ezgo-pds-troubleshooting-diagram.jpg

Diode

Okay I was looking for controller numbers not amp ratings. if you took out a 1206mx and you put another 1206mx in there then you did not go from 250 amps to 300 amps. I don't care what you were told, thoes controllers cannot be just upgraded with new mosfet rated higher and put out more current, you will need to change the software in the controller. On a sepex controller the direction is controlled by the forward reverse switch and the controller.

BSHOVELSR

I’ve got the same issue with my 2003 Ezgo Txt, 36v, except it will go in reverse and not forward.
Replace F/R switch about 8mos ago and it has been running great till last week and it just quit.
Any suggestions my way?