Reverse for 1988 EZGO With 18hp Kohler Engine


New Member
Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the golf carts. I picked up a 1988 EZGO gas golf cart and I'm wanting to install a 18hp Kohler Command engine. I'm sure these two questions have been asked before. Question is: What do I need to change or replace in order to have reverse? Another question: What type of clutch do I need for the engine?


Hi, You'll need a 4 cycle golf cart rear end in order to have reverse. The 2 stroke engine runs in both directions for forward and reverse. The 4 cycle golf carts have forward and reverse gears in the transaxle.
Welcome to the forum. :hattip: