Restoring a AMF Par Pony

Robert J

Hello fellow carters

Restoring what I think is about a 1964 AMF Par Pony. No I'm not crazy, there is a story behind this insane adventure which we can talk about if you want to. I'm ooking for a way to decipher the model plate, yes, it's still intact and readable, trying to figure what year it actually is .

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Robert

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you post the serial number someone on the forum may be able to help you out with finding what year your AMF Par Pony is.

Welcome to the forum.

Robert J

Hey,
As per Hotrod's suggestion (thanks hotrod) , here are the numbers off the AMF's build plate:

Model# 5740-0500
Serial# 10785

Any help identifying this cart would be greatly appreciated .

Also , My avatar picture is what the cart looked like when I got it back from my friend 3 years ago, I've owned it since 1975 and at this point it has been completely restored.......again. I have time line pictures of the restore if anyone's interested just ask and I will post them.

Thanks, Robert

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm not sure what year your cart is. you can try contacting Vintage Golf Cart Parts and they may be able to help you with it.

Robert J

Okay, Tried Vintage golf carts, they have no information on this model.
I'm starting to think I have the last one of these things, LOL!
I guess I could try to find a golf cart museum of some sort, if one exists, maybe they could help

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's a old one for sure. I'll do a little searching through my stuff here later tonight and see if I can come up with anything for you.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I looked but I don't have anything for the early AMF carts but I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across any information for you.

Karen P.

Hello Robert,
My husband and I are working on restoring a Par Pony such as yours (Kohler K 91 engine). Do have any suggestions for finding a manual for the golf cart? I have a manual for the engine, but that is all. (We are concerned right now about the axle currently.) I inherited this cart from my father who used the cart for a long time starting in early 1960's. Thank you for any help from you or other members of this forum.

Karen

Robert J

Hello Everyone,
Wow , I would not have thought anyone in here would give a crap about my antique little Par Pony, OK then.
Sorry for the delay, I have moved on to other projects

Hotrod, Yes I finished the project, thanks for asking, 3 months of my spare time but it was worth it, Put the thing back together for JR (my dad), he doesn't get around so good these days so he is really enjoying it.

Karen, I have found very limited information on this model after hours of searching and phone calls, they were not very popular so there's not many left, mine is the only one I have ever seen restored, I have a lot of experience with the model and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Robert

20170816_103508.jpg 20170816_103516.jpg 20170816_103523.jpg

Robert J

Thank you everyone for the compliments, it was a labor of love for my parents , we live on almost 3 acres and they just can't walk it anymore, they are in their late 80's and just love cruising around on it.

God Bless

Robert

Charlie T

Wow, Somebody else has a Par Pony!! Mine was dug out of my neighbors barn and dragged back to my garage years ago. Everything in tact, but the single pedal operation Im having difficulty with, I will post pictures soon. I have everything but the plastic body. Seems to have gotten hot along the way . Tires also seem to be hard to come by with split rims ! 6.50X 5 . I do have the 6.5 Kohler with alternator.

PEI ParPony

I have a ParPony as well. Just starting to get going on it. I just found this site. My cart has been sitting in our own shed for 30+ years. Kohler K91. Most of the original parts except the seat back. Its definitely rough. Will get some pics first chance I get too.