Resistor Overheating

BroGolfer

I have a Melex golf cart not sure what model. The resistor is overheating - it is glowing red almost all the time. even if I have the key off if the directional lever is in the forward position the coil will over heat and thereby drain the battery. I need assitance trying to figure out what model I have and what the problem is. I understand that I may need to post picture to help identify the model and will get those as quickly as I can.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
waiting.gif

BroGolfer

I do not have a programmer. Where can i get one, about how much do they cost and where would I connect it? This is an older model cart not sure what year it is. I will try to post some pics today. Are the solenoids something you can purchase at a car parts place or do you have to get from a golf cart dealer? I live in a rural area where we do not have many golf cart dealers. If you know a good trustworthy place to buy parts online that would help too.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I never heard of a "programmer" for a Melex cart. If the coil is glowing red even with the key off you have a bad solenoid.

BroGolfer

Thank HotRod Carts. If you could assist me in identifying my cart, and what the solenoid is and where I can get one I would very much appriciate it.