Replaced Batteries Now the Charger Doesn't Work

Captbs32

I have a 2005 Club Car DS 48Volt IQ with what I am thinking is the OEM charger. Powerdrive (MODEL 17930)
Like I said, Replaced Batteries Now the Charger Doesn't Work. I charged these batteries once or twice and now the charger kicks on for like 20 seconds and chargers around 18 amps. Than I upgraded the cables to a 2 AWG and a to rotate two batteries on the driver side for the wire to reach their respective components. The readout on the cart when I switch it on says 46volts. Obviously sounds like I didn't get something hooked back correctly, right?

3307I

Captbs32

I did not route the cable the exact way but it is ran to the terminal that the I took the old one off of. I DO plan on rerouting the new cable but I didn’t have any of my tools to do so.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You need the have the cable running through the OBC. I've seen guys leave the old cable in the OBC an use it and the new cable doubled up. Then you don't need to run the new cable through the OBC.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I would like to see a cleaner picture of the batteries I’m not sure they’re hooked up correctly at least the charger wires

bogman

I saw that when he first posted the pics. Looks like a large red wire coming from the charger port to the positive side, but no large wire going to the negative side.

Captbs32

Thank you guys for your help for sure!
I am out of town now and I can take a better picture of the battery set up when I get back.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
It is so dark in there and you’ve got a couple of sets of wires that disappear and then come back but it looks like one side is in a loop of its own and the other side is not even connected to that and there are small wires on a number of different batteries

Captbs32

It is so dark in there and you’ve got a couple of sets of wires that disappear and then come back but it looks like one side is in a loop of its own and the other side is not even connected to that and there are small wires on a number of different batteries
Diode, those wires are all connected to something. The cart has street legal lights, signals, horn and brake lights. Also, it has a voltage readout and a radio.

Captbs32

I have reconnected the old bat (-) to the controller by itself and with the new one and I still can't get the DANG thing to charge. I am not sure if I screwed up the OBC bc I tried making the hole bigger for the 2 AWG wire that comes from the battery. Sounds like I did.
I tried to reset the OBC and tried to charge it and it didn't work. Is there a way to BYPASS the OBC. If so, is it recommend? Is there other options? What advice/ questions do you guys have?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
If you tried to make the hole bigger than that’s your problem.
From the charger receptacle on the backside the black and gray wire must be grounded to the battery pack negative plug the charger in and it should charge

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Also for the future use a number two will fit in the hole of an OBC but you must WD-40 it to make it slide through

Captbs32

Ok, I actually already bypassed it and YEP that was the problem. This should be a short term fix, correct? With this stuff bypassed should I get a smarter charger or something that is going to take the place of the OBC?
As far as the OBC hole, my concern at the time was the diameter of the terminal on the pre-made 2AWG wire not the diameter of the actually wire.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Terminals must come off to get through the hole Definitely a temporary fix don’t charge for more than eight hours you need to price the OBC versus a new charger and the fact that you could sell your old charger let me know if you need anymore help